Atlantica currently operates 15 customers, for a total of over 6.5 million meters managed in Italy, Greece and Israel. The installations already planned by our customers will lead, by 2020, to the management of a fleet of approximately 13 million meters. In particular, as regards to the gas sector, Atlantica is a leader at European level since it manages 4.5 million meters, through the MIM platform, with a growth forecast of up to 7.5 million in the first half of 2020 and 10 million by 2023. By accepting the needs of some multiutility customers, MIM offers the possibility of having a single SW system for the integrated management of all types of meters (water, gas and electricity) thus guaranteeing the uniqueness of the information and significant optimization of management and maintenance costs.
The MIM solution for Smart Metering has been successfully adopted and used by numerous customers over the past ten years. These include some of the most important players in the distribution of electricity, gas and water, of which we report some significant data aggregated by sector:
- Italy – Electric: with around 2 million meters managed overall and a physiological growth of over 10,000 per year;
- Italy – Gas: with a total of over 4.5 million meters managed overall and an increase of approximately 125 thousand new meters / month among all customers;
- Italy – Water: for a total of 26 thousand meters managed overall, with an increase of around 40 thousand new meters by 2019;
- Israel – Electric: with around 200,000 meters managed;
- Middle East – Gas: ongoing trials with all distributors in the sector with around 10,000 meters managed; forecast of around 500,000 meters in 2020.